Wednesday, February 3, 2010

scrumptious!

Hallo! I drove all the way from Long Beach to Winnetka today just to visit Lorenz. I haven't been to his house in a while, because of school and work. x___x We ate at this small Thai restaurant today in Van Nuys called Kinnara. ....and Oh my!! So yummy! I wish I had my camera to take pictures, but I didn't .. so I guess I'll just write about it. We only ordered 2 dishes and a Thai Iced Tea togo.

-Pumpkin Shrimp Curry ~ DIVINE! This was such an amazing dish with interesting flavors. It was rich, scrumptious, and not overwhelming. It had a flavorsome taste of coconut milk to it, which made it quite savory. The shrimp was juicy and the vegetables were crisp. The sauce was perrrrfect and was even better when drizzled over white rice. yum!

-Pad Thai ~ There's always a favorite and popular dish in every culture. When going to a new place ordering it determines the entire restaurant. My, myyy... I'm very picky about Pad Thai. My favorite places to get Pad Thai is in Thai Rama (Glendale) and Pataya Cafe (Pasadena). ...but gosh.. I just have to add Kinnara to one of my favorite places. Their Pad Thai was succulent and savory. The noodles were perfect with the crushed peanuts and a hint of lime. It had a smooth TARTiness to it and was definitely very tasteful.

I always order Thai Iced Tea to go. I guess it's my form of dessert, when going to a Thai restaurant. yummm.. I want to go back there and try everything else on the menu! my mouth is watering.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/kinnara-thai-restaurant-van-nuys

No comments: