Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The Best Feeling


I have a great uncle who (i think) suffers from post traumatic stress. I see him quite often, but I don't know much about him. When I was younger I use to pay him frequent visits to the hospital. Apparently, he was always trying to commit some sort of suicidal attempt. It's really weird how I feel about this whole thing. Maybe because I was exposed to this so much at such a young age that it doesn't really feel like a big deal to me. I remember when I was a kid and my dad told me we had to visit my uncle at the hospital ... I would have some kind of attitude like.. "ughhh again.." & while we were there.. I would be so eager to go because it was just "sooo boring." .. Gosh I just wanna smack myself for being like that. My great uncle fought in the Vietnam war. He doesn't talk much, always carries a blunt face, and just sits around. During my cousin's wedding reception a few weeks ago, I decided to grab my uncle's hand and drag him to the dance floor. For that one moment it felt like the best feeling in the world! I swear I've never seem him smile so much before! It just made me so happy to make him feel happy. After a few dances with my uncle, I dragged my shy-@ss dad to the dance floor. That's a picture of me dancing with my dad. 

No comments: